Hearts fit together is a play on words from the scripture, “And he commanded them that there should be no contention one with another, but that they should look forward with one eye, having one faith and one baptism, having their hearts knit together in unity and in love one towards another."

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Two thousand and nine BABY! (and funny google)


If you squint just right, I have proof what I've been tellin' ya'll all along. (I don't know why I had to pull out my southern accent there.)

2008 was a great year for me. Here's some highlights from the past year:
  • I competed in 2 triathlons and 4 5k races
  • I became an ACE Certified Personal Trainer, Fitness Instructor, and Nutrition Advisor
  • My oldest started Kindergarten (happy & sad moment)
  • My 4 yrs. old sang a solo for our church congregation (200+ people)
  • Tim and I hit the 8 year mark in marriage (I love that man!)
  • I got to send another brother off on a 2 year mission to Zimbabwe, Africa for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (I have another brother serving in Georgia and just welcomed home a sister-in-law from a mission in Connecticut)
  • I got a new nephew

After 2007 with all my health issues, 2008 really was a great year for me. I hope that next year will be just as good. I forgot to tell everyone that my doctor has identified that my kidney problems are actually caused from my endometriosis! Because of risks of blood clots (and I have a blood clotting disorder) I can't just go on the pill and skip my period to treat the disease. There is another treatment that will basically induce a reversible menopause which will shrink and eliminate the adhesions and growth. It is a year long treatment. So basically I will be going through the hot flashes, night sweats, depression, and such for the next year. It's not a great way to start the year, but I am determined to make the best out of it and take reassurance in my faith in God's hand in my life. 

Those of you who remember my 360 days will remember that I used to totally dislike resolutions. Needless to say, I have changed my ways and have decided to once again embrace the goal setting tradition. And here are a few of my goals for the new year:
  • Remember morning family and individual prayers
  • Read the New Testament for my scripture study
  • Write my missionary brothers more often
  • Write in my journal more often
  • Do one large or several small charitable acts as a family (give the kids the opportunity to personally help the less fortunate)
  • Take a real vacation with hubby
  • Keep a "grateful journal"
  • Speak with greater kindness to others and of others




1 comment:

Jody said...

Sounds like a good year to me!