Hearts fit together is a play on words from the scripture, “And he commanded them that there should be no contention one with another, but that they should look forward with one eye, having one faith and one baptism, having their hearts knit together in unity and in love one towards another."

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Nearly a Month Later...

Nearly a month later, I found that Erin had tagged me! Ooops! Anyway, here are my responses:

What were you doing 10 years ago?
Let's see, that would put me at 17 yrs. old. I was getting reading for summer, probably helping my family (the Brunsons) plant our ginormous garden. That was also around the time we were working on building the huge, red, barn in our backyard. That was fun. Some of my best memories were around this time.

5 things on my to-do list today:
1. Go to Stake Conference
2. Relax
3. Hang out with the family

4. Take my Sunday nap
5. Have FHE (we have it on Sundays since Tim has his MBA class on Mondays)

My favorite treats:
1. Fresh blueberries
2. Fresh red raspberries
3. Acai
4. Rice Crispy Treats
5. Cadbery Mini Eggs

3 bad habits (or things I would change about myself):
1. I am a night owl, and I wish that I wasn't. I'm working on it though!
2. I wish I was more patient. My kids are definitely helping me work on that one!
3. I need to be a better missionary. I am not afraid to bear my testimony, but I need to do it more often. And I also need to live the gospel more fully too, so that those around me will see my love for the Lord.

If I were suddenly a billionaire, I would...
1. Buy my mom a home and pay ours off.
2. I would create a scholarship program at a few of my favorite schools for fatherless children.
3. I would get all my finances in order and finally have a 2 yrs. supply of food!

Places I have lived:
Tacoma, WA
Steilacoom, WA
Spokane, WA
Kennewick, WA
Highland, UT
Provo, UT
Orem, UT
Laramie, WY
Layton, UT


Jobs I've had:
My first job was when I was 10, I helped our apartment manager with yard care, and I helped clean and paint the vacant apartments. I also babysat for her.

I've also worked for Hogi Yogi. In college at one point I worked at as a journalist for New Utah Newspaper, all while also working at Convergy's, Los Hermanos and Thanksgiving Point. I've also worked at Feature Films for Families for a while.

Perhaps one of my favorite jobs ever was a ranch hand at Blackwater Creek Ranch just outside of Yellowstone National Park. I will never forget those days!

Recently I worked in website promotion for Grocery Smarts. I taught educational classes about the site and taught people how to build a food storage on a budget and cut their grocery bill in half. I was also hired on at a local gym as a personal trainer, but I turned down the position due to health problems and conflicts with my family time.

5 things most people don't know about me...
1. I haven't finished my college degree, but I do have a 4.0 in the 60+ credits I've taken.
2. I love to cook.
3. I have a fear of rodents.
4. I love to play tennis.
5. I named my daughter after my childhood best friend.

2 people I would like to tag are:

This is a cop-out, but I think anyone who wants to should respond!

3 comments:

The Chapman's said...

Awesome! You responded to my tag! I love tags because you get to learn so much about another person, even if you think you know them well. By the way, what is acai?

Unknown said...

I know, I had fun reading yours too!

Remember that Brazilian fruit concentrate that I had in my freezer last time you visited? It's that stuff. I just couldn't write it in Portuguese so it probably looked different to you.

Trinamom said...

Ok, I'm probably doing this in the wrong spot or something, but I had fun reading your Tag. There were things there that I didn't know either. Man, you think you know a girl...:) Somehow we're going to have to get you that degree. You're so close!