
One of my dad's favorite things is to attach a wagon to his lawn mower and take the kids for rides. He used to do this for us when I lived there too. Of course I was a much bigger kid (16) when I went to live with my dad, but it was every bit as fun. That was also how my sister ended up with a concussion. I think my dad finally decided that doing it on grass was much safer than the driveway!

This is our family spending our last day with Brady before he left to the Missionary Training Center (MTC.)

Here we are walking Sam to school on his first day. We live really close to the school (it's about a 20 minute walk) so we walk on most days. It's been a great way to get some fresh air and exercise.

Sam's official first day of school. He had a parent teacher meeting the week before where it was like a normal day of Kindergarten but the parents got to go watch. That was cool. But here's my boy almost all grown up. :( I only cried walking on the way home. What set me off was this sweet mom who called off to her boy as he was walking into the class "make good choices!" Sending Sam off to school wasn't the sad part, what was hard was leaving him there and completely trusting a couple of strangers to take care of him and hope that he was making good choices too. Of all my kids, I think I've messed up with him the most, so I have a lot of regrets with him. Poor first-born's, they really are our experiement children, aren't they?


Here we are at the MTC saying goodbye to Brady or "Elder Brunson" as he will now be called throughout his mission. For those of you who don't know, he's going to the Zimbabwe, Africa Mission.



Here he is, all official with the missionary tag on that he will be wearing for the next two years of his life!
No comments:
Post a Comment