There have been some lovely blog posts and emails from our family lately about how they are doing, so I decided I would do the same for those who are interested. And since my last post was in 09' I figured it was time for an update.
The biggest and most recent event has been my hysterectomy that was done Feb. 6, 2012. I have been recovering at a faster rate than my doctor and I expected, which is very nice. They were able to leave my ovaries, which I believe to be a direct answer to prayers. My endometriosis, previously stage four, was completely gone! The Lord works miracles! I had a blessing in 2005 that said I would be completely healed, and I was! I will forever be grateful to my Heavenly Father for healing me and allowing me to bear 4 beautiful children.
My uterus was still pretty enlarged due to another condition I had, so it was good to get it out. I can already tell a huge reduction in pain. The only thing that has been hard lately is that my sleep patterns are totally off. I haven't been sleeping well, and have been waking up exhausted. I hope it's all from hormonal fluctuations and that I'll be back to normal soon.
My mom was a complete Godsend while I was sick. She stayed with us for a month while I recovered. She is so attentive and loving. It reminded me of what a good mother she was to me and continues to be even as I've grown up. I love my mom and I know that I don't tell her that enough!
I am back to work, I am only keeping three clients at the moment. They see me once weekly for reporting and working out. I really don't want to work much more than that. Over my recovery I contemplated not going back, but I just couldn't do it. I love my clients and I love my job. Being a personal trainer is very rewarding. I love that I get to help people achieve their goals and gain confidence in themselves again. It's nice to see a visible change in people.
But of course, I spend most of my time on my first and most important job, being a mommy. I'm not as good at this job as I am at my other one. I'll be the first to admit that I'm under-experienced under-educated and under-qualified for the job. As the kids get older, I only realize this more. I am amazed at such good kids they are, despite some of my failures and shortcomings as a mom.
Sam is growing up so fast and is so handsome. He prefers to have a long haircut, which I'm fine with as long as his hair doesn't get into his eyes, grow over his ears or collar. :) He's got quite the sense of humor for anyone that knows him well. He loves to make jokes at opportune moments. He's excelling in math, history and science. I am glad he is growing in his confidence. He has lots of friends and is very outgoing.
Sam and Kyler have started playing basketball after school once a week and they love it. Sam especially loves it (although I've been told that Ky is the one who's a natural.) They also go with their dad every Saturday to the track to run. They've been timing their 400 meter and trying to beat their record every time they go. I haven't been able to go yet, but I can't wait to witness this for myself this Saturday.
This year Kyler got glasses, and I think they suit him well. It makes him look like the smart boy that he is. He continues to do well in all areas at school. He's our boy that always has a ball in his hand (and always getting in trouble for throwing the ball indoors!) He'll be playing t-ball and soccer in the spring. He has a lot of friends because of his sweet and kind demeanor. He was selected to be a mentor this year to a group of behaviorally challenged kids. We were happy that he is such a good example.
Rae's been in preschool this year. At first she had a really hard time leaving me. It was hard for her to make the adjustment. Now she loves it and looks forward to it. Her preschool is very cute and does lots of fun activities. This month they will be going to the Ogden Treehouse. Rae is learning her letters, and thanks to her brothers, is learning addition! Rae is our little tomboy with lots of energy but also has a complete soft side.
Little Lily is a two year old. What more can I say? I will add that she happens to be pretty darn adorable which probably has saved her bacon on more than one occasion. ;) She's a doer, not a talker. She's quite proficient in getting what she wants, despite using very few words. She is becoming a little girl though, which makes me sad to see my baby grow, but happy to see her progress. She's a complete joy, and I'm so grateful that the Lord blessed me with a last and final child, despite what the doctors said was possible.
Last of all, my loving hubby, Tim is doing well. He's been such a trooper during my recover keeping the house clean and taking care of the kids. I have been so blessed to have married a man who loves me, takes care for me and is concerned for me and our kids. He has been really blessed in his job, although we feel that some changes are in our near future! I will keep you updated as to what happens!
Sorry this was so long overdue! And sorry for the "Christmas Brag Letter" format. It's just been so long that it's fun to share with family what going on in all of our lives. I hope that everyone else is well. We love you, and are so abundantly blessed with wonderful family and friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment