Hearts fit together is a play on words from the scripture, “And he commanded them that there should be no contention one with another, but that they should look forward with one eye, having one faith and one baptism, having their hearts knit together in unity and in love one towards another."

Friday, June 5, 2009

Sam's Last Day of Kindergarten

Here is a letter I included in Sam's Kindergarten book:

Dear Sam,
What a joy Kindergarten has been! It has been so fun to watch you learn and grow. You have learned so well how to listen to your teacher and follow directions. You learned how to make friends and be a good friend. I've watched you learn your numbers; you've learned to add and subtract. You've amazed me as you've finished your homework book and learned to read. And now you read so well! You've learned to work hard and not give up when things get tough. You've chosen the right and been a good example when others weren't.

We've really grown together, haven't we?

Remember when you didn't know how to read, when you couldn't sit still, when you only drew scribbles? Remember when you couldn't run as fast or ryhme or count? It wasn't that long ago for me and it seems you've grown up so very fast that I can't keep up with you. But I am so very proud to watch how smart, how strong and how wonderful you've become.

Love,
Mom

No comments: