Hearts fit together is a play on words from the scripture, “And he commanded them that there should be no contention one with another, but that they should look forward with one eye, having one faith and one baptism, having their hearts knit together in unity and in love one towards another."

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Jumping on the Gratitude Train

A big thanks to Erin for her blog about gratitude that she wrote today. It really made me stop and switch mental gears. This week has been a particularly hard week and I have found myself "murmuring in the wilderness." We have had to take our car into the shop and spend hundreds of dollars fixing it (demolishing our tax refund), my cell phone broke and needs to be replaced, I've been sick from the pregnancy, et cetera, et cetera. So stopping for a minute to see the silver lining was a refreshing exercise.

Here's a few of our blessings:

  • ALL the kids are healthy and happy
  • I am pregnant and the baby so far is healthy
  • Tim has a stable, good-paying job
  • I have a wonderful flexible part-time job that I love
  • Our home is clean, in good condition, and hasn't lost equity
  • I have wonderful friends, including Steph who just lives down the street and has been the best of friends (she motivates me to exercise and to be a better mommy)
  •  Tim and I have a good relationship
  • We have a solid belief in our purpose in this life and hope for the life to come
  • All of our parents are living
  • We live near our parents and Grandma Dot is always a phone call away
  • We have a nice little plot ground for a garden and a grapevine that produces bags and bags of the best grapes on earth
  • We always have enough food, we are never late on paying our bills, and we've never been in serious want for anything
  • We have the amazing reassurance that no matter what happens our family will be together forever
  • Et cetera, Et cetera

1 comment:

The Chapman's said...

Hey thanks for the shout-out! I'm glad my words can be of use to somebody other than myself!